NeIC is looking for an Advisor/Senior Advisor
Are you familiar with research funding and interested in Nordic collaboration?
NeIC is looking for someone to fill the role of NeIC Administrative coordinator. The Administrative coordinator together with the NeIC Director are employed by NordForsk and are responsible for NeIC’s coordination. In this position, your workplace is located in Oslo, but the job contains some traveling.
The Administrative coordinator is a part of NeIC’s distributed Executive team and works with colleagues in all six member countries. In this position, you get to contribute to the coordination of one of the largest collaboration programmes in the Nordics and the development of research infrastructure. Your main work tasks include
- preparing and facilitating NeIC Board meetings and writing the Board meeting minutes,
- organising and taking part in dialogue meetings with the NeIC partners,
- writing the NeIC Annual report,
- keeping track of the budget and finances,
- working with contracts and the contracted partners,
- arranging meetings and conferences,
- keeping the NeIC website up to date,
- implementing the NeIC strategy and
- general advisory work and taking care of current issues.
We are looking for someone who has good command of both written and spoken English and a lot of initiative. You are already familiar with digital tools, distributed forms of collaboration and working remotely. You have higher education (minimum MSc level or equivalent) from a relevant field and at least five years of relevant work experience. We also appreciate
- experience from research funding institutions, public administration, research institutions or similar organisations,
- knowledge of research, research administration and research policy issues,
- ability to work with a wide range of tasks and challenge yourself by engaging in tasks outside your own field,
- ability to work independently and in a goal-directed, structured and precise manner in an international and at times hectic environment and
- good collaboration skills as well as understanding of roles and processes.
This vacancy is for four years with the possibility of extension for another four years in line with the Nordic Council of Ministers’ guidelines. The deadline for applying is 7 March 2021.
To apply, head to the original announcement and NordForsk’s application form.