Invitation for Collaboration on e-Infrastructure supporting COVID-19 related research
The Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration (NeIC) invites representatives of e-infrastructure providers, developers, researchers and related communities around the Nordic region to propose a collaboration project to offer e-Infrastructure in support of Nordic research related to SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 disease. Examples of topics for this call could relate to:
- Facilitating Nordic streamlined access and analysis of Nordic SARS-CoV-2 genomic data,
- Secure cloud infrastructure for sharing and analysing harmonised and trusted COVID-19 data,
- Harmonise and prepare COVID-19 data for secure sharing and analysis,
- Supporting Nordic joint use cases in response to the COVID-19,
- Facilitating Nordic development of new concepts, e.g., computed tomography and machine learning, as a possible means of COVID-19 diagnostics,
- Cloud orchestration and workflows necessary to support the SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 research,
- Setting up a functional interface for analyses of COVID-19 data on Nordic e-infrastructures.
The special effort on e-Infrastructure supporting SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 research should be configured as a separate project, complementing the current NeIC’s project portfolio. NeIC facilitates collaboration within e-infrastructure to foster Nordic research excellence. E-infrastructure provides the environment to handle the digital components of the research process. Collaboration projects typically include development of e-infrastructure solutions supporting open science or exploring new technologies, sharing knowledge or offering training to improve the use of current and future e-infrastructure capabilities.
The proposal for the development project must be submitted electronically by email to email@example.com no later than 4. May 2020 at 13:00 CEST.
For more information about this call and how to apply please read here.