Tryggve Use Cases
Tryggve team wants to support researchers in taking the secure data services into use, and thereby to achieve results faster and safer. In practice, Tryggve implements specific Use Cases as part of the project. The Use Cases drive the development in Tryggve towards actual and concrete demands of the users. Use Cases aim to solve real-life issues in data management and/or to provide state-of-the-art research environment for sensitive research data.
The easiest way to start using secure services from Tryggve is to apply for a Tryggve use case. To submit the proposal, the project should have a research plan (involving sensitive data) and already established collaboration in the Nordics. Consult the list below on examples of what kind of support Tryggve can provide for use cases.
Tryggve offering for use cases
In a nutshell, the accepted use cases will receive support from the Tryggve project that can include, for example, access to secure data processing environments; technical support from Tryggve; support in legal and ethical questions to make their case happen; and an opportunity to influence future developments as an early adopter. The work support according to jointly prepared implementation plan will be provided free of charge for the use cases. The Tryggve project strives to provide also access to secure data and computing services for free, for a limited time (up to a reasonable amount of disk space and computing resources), although this needs to be confirmed case by case with the project management.
Accessing and moving research data
- Secure data transfer, based on secure FTP
- Data can be moved between Nordic countries or from elsewhere, for example external repositories
Support in meeting legal and ethical requirements
- Looking into specific questions, such as moving data across countries
- Questions around merging research data from different sources
- Professional evaluation of ethical and legal aspects
Secure data analysis platforms
- Project-based secure storage capacity
- Efficient and secure processing environments
- Tryggve offers environment, researcher brings the data
- Variety of platforms offering flexibility to handle different use cases
- Offering includes the following systems: TSD, Mosler, ePouta, Computerome
Share data with your colleagues
- Control over the data stays with the user
- Access to the data can be easily given to colleagues
- Support in moving computation where the data is
- Guidance in installing the needed software
Access to data archives
- Support in moving data to international repositories when the analysis is done and data sets have been prepared for publication
- Contacts to national archival services
- Secure transfer to external repositories
For more information on the benefits, see these slides.
Submit a Use Case Proposal
Use Cases for Tryggve can be proposed online at any time. There are two alternatives for doing this: either provide information on your research case in an online form, or download and complete a .docx template and submit it by email to the project manager (email@example.com). Please select one of the two options:
Please do not submit any sensitive data in your use case description. Basic use case info will be made public on acceptance, see List of current use cases below.
List of current use cases
Please find the list the current use cases here
Review process of Use Cases
Please find the process description here
Links to Tryggve partner systems for sensitive data
Tryggve use cases and other research projects can access the individual service providers directly. The links below help to find information on accessing the individual secure systems directly. Note that access to these services outside Tryggve may require a service fee.
- Computerome (Denmark): Homepage, How to access
- CSC ePouta (Finland): Homepage, How to access
- TSD (Norway): Homepage, How to access
- Mosler (Sweden): Homepage, How to access
In addition, Tryggve is in discussion on collaboration with SNIC on the use of Swedish Bianca service for sensitive data as part of Tryggve use cases.
Feel free to contact the Tryggve project on any questions concerning accessing of the Nordic systems for sensitive data, for example if you are unsure whether to submit a use case or access separate systems directly.
More on Tryggve